In recent years, major economies around the world have implemented reindustrialization strategies one after another. The core of this strategy is to promote the transformation and upgrading of industrial intelligence. With the rise of concepts such as Industry 4.0, Industrial Internet, cloud computing, and edge computing, major manufacturing companies have begun to build smart factories, transforming and upgrading from traditional manufacturing to smart manufacturing. To build a smart factory and achieve digital transformation, the key is to solve the integration problem of IT and OT. A good integration of IT and OT can help optimize industrial business processes, analyze industrial process data quickly and accurately, and discover risks in industrial processes in a timely manner.
The product mainly introduced in this article is the E510 fanless embedded vision industrial computer, which has the advantages of high performance, high integration and high reliability, helping factories become smarter.
E510 series embedded industrial computers adopt Intel 6th to 9th Gen desktop processors (LGA1151), which guarantees the performance of the products and can be applied in different industrial scenarios. At the same time, it has 2 DP and 1 VGA interfaces, supports independent display, and can display industrial site information richly and comprehensively; 2 DDR4 SO-DIMM slots, supporting up to 32GB memory; 6 GbE LAN use 5 Intel i211- AT and 1 Intel i219-LM chip are independently controlled, and support TSN time-sensitive network, 16 digital inputs and digital outputs, ensuring fast, real-time and stable data transmission in industrial processes.
One of our customer is engaged in industrial automation production in China, and their team often encounters the following problems in the course of business:
1) Current system is unstable during operation and occasionally crashes;
2) The communication response time is too long and the equipment runs slowly;
3) Inaccurate control during equipment operation;
4) The machine has poor compression resistance under some severe conditions.
After understanding the needs of the client, Five Trees team used the E510 series embedded industrial computer, end-side data acquisition equipment, industrial cameras and other product combinations to create an edge computing platform for the customer. E510 series is based on Intel 6th to 9th generation desktop processors, with powerful performance, capable of high-speed, real-time, and stable data processing; at the same time, it has rich expansion interfaces, including 6 Ethernet interfaces controlled by independent chips, and 4 USB 3.0 and 2 USB 2.0, 16-CH high-speed DI/DO, the data transmission speed is fast, so that the device can respond quickly. The E510 adopts a rugged fanless design, which can adapt to various harsh environments, so that the product will not be disturbed by the external environment and work continuously and stably. In the industrial process, customers can connect multiple industrial cameras through the Ethernet interface and USB interface of the E510 series embedded industrial computer. After the industrial cameras capture images from different angles and transmit them to the E510, it will analyze and process the collected data, and then accurate control of servo motors and field devices is realized through the DIO interface with high-speed pulse function.
Five Trees‘ E510 series Fanless Embedded Industrial Computers has the following advantages:
1) Powerful, stable and reliable performance: E510 series embedded industrial computers are based on Intel sixth to ninth generation desktop processors (LGA1151), with powerful performance, capable of fast and stable data transmission and instruction interaction, and can be used in different industrial scenarios under flexible application.
2) Integrated design, easy installation: Fanless compact design, E510 series embedded industrial computers are equipped with many necessary interfaces, which can be directly connected to field devices, and are easy to install, simplifying the site layout and greatly improving the efficiency of the production line. It provides a stable and smooth operation platform for on-site equipment, and realizes precise control of on-site industrial equipment.
3) Not susceptible to interference and rugged: E510 series embedded industrial computers have passed strict environmental tests, and have good capabilities in anti-vibration, anti-static and anti-electromagnetic interference. It is suitable for use in industrial production scenarios under harsh conditions to ensure the stable operation of the production line.
4) Rich interfaces and customized services: E510 series embedded industrial computers have rich interfaces, and can meet the needs of industrial production by tailoring the most suitable products for customers.
At present, E510 series embedded industrial computers have been widely used in the field of industrial automation, and can be used in various industrial scenarios, contributing to the realization of “factory intelligence”.